The Alexander Technique
Saturday 25th January - 10:30-13:30
John Hunter is an internationally recognised teacher of the Alexander Technique and is a past Chair of the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT) and founder Trustee of the Charity for the F Matthias Alexander Technique, he has taught at the Royal Academy of Music, the University of Roehampton and the Actors Centre; run Alexander teacher-training and professional development courses in the UK, at International Congress and in numerous overseas countries. John has run a busy private practice in Covent Garden since 1993.
About the Workshop
This is a three-hour introductory workshop in the Alexander Technique, a tried and tested method of learning how to:
- move and support ourselves in the most natural way
- release unnecessary tensions
- get a sense of ease and lightness
- breathe naturally
This workshop is suitable for:
- people suffering from any kind of tension or stress related conditions
- performers wishing to find more ease in their work
- people studying mind-body disciplines who want to find the most natural ways of approaching their chosen discipline
Whatever your age, ability or state of health, the Technique can help you get stronger, have more stamina, become more relaxed, think more clearly and recover from injury more quickly. You’ll feel younger, lighter, taller, calmer and more confident.
Limited spaces available. To book, please contact Earthlife on 020 8940 0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.