Finding Calm in Mindfulness
Sat 25th April - 10:30-15:30
Karen Young is highly experienced in teaching meditation from beginner to advanced level and from individuals to corporate clients. She is an expert adviser for a number of magazines on this subject and has written widely on all aspects of meditation.
Karen is also a qualified practitioner in Spiritual Healing, Spiritual Meditation, Holistic Massage, Hot Stone Massage and Aromatherapy. Prior to this Karen had a senior career in corporate management and understands at first hand the stresses of a demanding career whilst juggling the busy home life of a parent.
About the Workshop
Does this describe you, some or all of the time?
- I can’t switch off after a busy day
- I feel stressed most of the time – there’s always too much to do
- I have constant chatter in my head but want to find peace
- I feel that I’m just coping with life and not enjoying it
- I feel anxious and fret about things that have happened in the past
- I want to feel content and happier; less worried about the future
- I expect too much of myself and beat myself up when I make mistakes
Everything we do, and every emotion that we feel, relates to our well-being and has an impact on our mental health, our physical wellness and our general health. Mindfulness and meditation reminds us kindly that we don’t have to be thinking and “doing” all the time.
This 1 day workshop at Earthlife, Kew will allow you to re-discover and nurture that place of calm that is intrinsically within us all, even though we may have feel that we have lost it. This is suitable for all, whether you have practised mindfulness and meditation before, or whether you are a beginner. During the day, you will have a chance to practise, and should experience:
- Mindful meditation
- Stepping off the treadmill of thought
- Recognising the self judgements that subconsciously generate more stress
- Lowering anxiety levels
- Getting back in touch with your body and how it responds to thoughts and emotions
- Developing perspective, compassion and kindness for yourself and others
- Being more content and learn to cope better with the pressures you experience
- Understand new perspectives that promote peace and calm
Karen Young, your tutor for the day, has many years of experience in teaching meditation and mindfulness and works as a holistic therapist and life coach.
All the exercises are practical and are not linked to any specific philosophy, culture or religion.
Extended meditation, and the daily practice of mindfulness, provide an oasis of deep calm that can have a lasting impact on one’s life.
N.B. Please bring a comfortable cushion or pillow. There will be time to break for lunch. Water and hot drinks will be provided.